In this day and age when we all want to be slim or slimmer as the case may be, one sure-fire method to attaining this universal goal along with the added benefits of physical fitness and virility, mental alertness and internal cleanliness will be the tried and true practice of a Fast.
The author of the acclaimed Mucusless Diet Healing System, Prof Arnold Ehret once said If one way is true…it is the way of Nature! It will be an understatement to say he was and is so correct.
In this day and age when everyone desires to be slim or slimmer as the case may be, only very few people know that one sure-fire, all-natural, method can lead to a slimmer and more importantly healthier person.
This method is as old as the mountains and is known as Fasting.
It is by far a greater cure of our ills-both physical and mental-than all of the drugs of the medical fraternity combined and when combined with an exclusive mucus-binding (alkaline-forming) diet of mainly fruits, leafy and root vegetables (raw and cooked) and even basic exercises that involve the use of one’s body weight for resistance such as Yoga, Calisthenics and Pilates, a well-conducted fast can reap untold benefits for those seeking to lose weight.
Several types of fasts can be beneficial for weight loss.
- The complete water fasts: This, admittedly, should be conducted with extreme caution or in a specialized sanitarium if undertaken more than 3 days.
2.The Juice Fast: This is much easier for the general populace and can be undergone as long as you feel like it.
- The Fruit Fast: This, well, is really not a fast per see but when one lives exclusively on SEASONAL ORGANIC fruits for days on end meaning mono meals (2 at the most ) of only one kind of fruit say Apples in Fall, Melons in summer for a week plus, you will be bound to see the benefits.
- The Dry Fast: This is another camouflaged fast where one consumes ONLY dry fruits such as dates; figs etc for 3 days or thereabout and then breaks the fast with a laxative. Though highly praised in some quarters, it’s not so common.
The second and third choices are by far my recommendations for those seeking to lose weight. A friend of mine tried the second choice after months of badgering and was able to eventually see the awesome cuts in his abdominal cavities. You should have heard him exclaim on the phone to me: Foras I got a six-pack man and I didn’t even do no sit-ups! Moreover, his supposed hereditary red-eyes cleared up after several eye-doctors had told him it was just a genetic trait yeah, right!
Being radical, it must be undertaken with care and although I have covered it in chapter 17 of my e-book fitness: inside and out, do feel free to do some research before undertaking a fast or a restricted fruit diet.
Here are a few tips:
- Prepare yourself for a fast by gradually tapering off of acid-forming aka junk foods and commence to consuming raw and cooked fruits and veggies to begin a milder cleansing process as these items are the best intestinal brooms for the colon.
- Now and again, 3 hours after supper and say an hour or so before retiring to sleep, drink an herbal tea laxative such as Smooth Move Herbal Tea during this preparatory stage.
- Drink 1-2 quarts of unflavored lemonade in the mornings to balance the chemical reactions within the body and to restore it to an alkaline state.
- Be mentally prepared for the task ahead of fasting.
- Take things a little easier while fasting or on a mono-diet of fruit.
- Avoid using microwaves at all costs. I touched on this subject in the free section on controlling acne on my site.
Though not a conclusive list of the dos and don’ts of fasting be well informed that when undertaken properly, you’d not only lose the undesired weight, you’d be well on your way to a cleaner and better you in no time.
For weight loss, Fasting, my friends is the fastest way to improved health!